Search This Blog

Friday, September 3, 2010

I've become a destination!



I've had many appellations in my life - some self-imposed, others hung upon me by those who either know me, or think that they know me - but 'destination'?  Well, that's certainly one I never imagined.  But the more I play with the idea, the more I like it.
So how did this new facet of my life come about?   It all started when Daniel Jacob and Suzy Miller were chatting on the phone about their guest slots on the new Enlightened Parenting Channel that I’m hosting on masteringalchemy.com.  (Now, as a little aside, if you don’t know Daniel or haven’t read any of his wonderful articles on Planetlightworker and Children of the New Earth magazines, this might take a moment to get… but Daniel is a master at taking ordinary words and transforming them into meaningful new terms and phrases.)  So, as Suzy later told me, she and Daniel were both sharing how much they had enjoyed playing with me in all my different ventures, when Daniel suddenly declared:
“I want to spend more time playing in Sandieland.”
I was baffled. “What does he mean by that?” I asked Suzy.
“He means,” she patiently explained, "that you’re fun to be around because you have a knack for noticing things (and people) that have something relevant, true and timely to offer, and then creating interesting platforms to bring those people, which has included us, to the attention of those who want or need what is being offered."
Hmmm. I pondered that notion for a while. After much thought and self-inquiry, I had to acknowledge the truth in what Daniel and Suzy had said: I do seem to be a bit of a catalyst. In fact, both my natal chart and my Destiny Card (the Ace of Spades) – state that I have a “pioneer” personality or make up, in that I'm good at seeing/sensing the way ahead and thus invariably find myself playing at the cutting edge, exploring new ideas and conceiving new ways of doing things. 
Looking back over my life, I can see the pattern.   Without necessarily setting out to do so, I often find myself in situations where I AM able to connect people with the information, people and connections they are seeking or wanting. This is not self-aggrandizement, this is simply self-knowledge.
Yep, Daniel had summarized something about me that felt true and was sufficiently quirky to satisfy the ‘off-the-wall’ aspect of me. Besides, the idea of becoming a destination, particularly one that people wanted to spend time in, really tickled me.  As I embraced this new aspect of me, I felt an unblocking of the energy flow.  Within a short time, another very good friend sweetly and generously took up the baton and within a matter of days had created my first blog for me - something I had been trying to do for ages, and had never quite got around to. 
And here it is... The View from SandieLand! 
This 'destination' is now open and receiving visitors. There is no charge. Anyone’s free to come and play. The only requirement is that you have an open mind about possibilities, and a desire to explore the things that interest me (us?) – namely, discovery, what’s happening out there on the cutting edge with regard to science and spirituality, education, health, personal development and spiritual growth, and, of course (to borrow one of Daniel Jacob’s phrases), the Meta-Humans—the New Kids. God bless ‘em for having the courage to come here and show us who and what we have the potential to be.
I hope you'll come hang out here often and play in the field of possibilities with me.  I'm not hard to find. You'll likely find me sitting on the beach, with a good book (probably something on the nature or origins of consciousness and creation, or quantum physics, or multi-dimensionality, or a Robin Hobb fantasy) and a large glass of something long, and cool, and colorfully embellished with tiny umbrellas and cocktail cherries on a stick!




2 comments:

  1. Yeaaa, it's great to see you in blogging mode. Maybe now we'll hear even more from you about all the great things going on in SandieLand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandie,

    Thanks for being the catalyst. You are the best.

    Love, Light, and Laughter

    Phil

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my world! I am so glad you stopped by and felt comfortable enough to join the conversation. I hope you will come back often - the weather is always sunny here (mostly), and the views are... well, whatever your reality makes of them.

Sandie