Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

Life is full of bittersweet moments...

Life is full of bittersweet moments... I am, as always, so sad to be leaving my family here in the UK, and at the same time also excited to be returning to live interviews on my Conversation at the Cutting Edge radio show on the Awakening Zone.


All my trips home and visits with my family, children and grandchildren are special, but this trip has had a little extra sprinkling of stardust for me.   For the first time in a long time, I got to have a vacation within a vacation.  My dear mum-in-law, Vicky, my son, Danial, lovely daughter in law, Anna, and their two children, the irrepressible and oh-so-lively and intelligent Eliza and her baby brother Alec and I got to enjoy a blissful week together on Lanzarote, in the Canary Islands.  Sun, sea, sleep (lots of it) little sand, and a lot of lava (from a huge eruption that occurred there back in the 1800s)... time to play with the kids, pig out on all the foods I usually avoid and quaff the local vino (well, it would be rude not to, wouldn't it?), and totally unplug from all electronic devices for seven heavenly days - wow!  It's amazing what you have time to do when you step away from work and the computer.  


Eliza (4-1/2 years) and I had a happy time, getting messy creating sand crocodiles and boats on the beach at Playa Blanca.  Little Alec (10 months and crawling faster than I can run) and I had plenty of time to get to know one another.  I'm proud to report that I haven't lost my touch when it comes to teaching the grandchildren everything their parents would want their children to learn from nanna (not!).  It only took six attempts of singing row row row your boat gently down the stream for Alec to develop the art of "screaming" on cue (very loudly) whenever he "saw" that crocodile.  I don't know why his parents weren't more effusive in their thanks... personally, I think it's right up there with teaching a grandchild how to play the drums (hee, hee!!!)  


Then there was my time with daughter Gemma and son in law Steve, and Joel and Jessica... as always, totally delightful.   I always learn so much from all the kids.  


Joel (six-and-a-half)  never ceases to amaze me, with his incredible and oftentimes ingenious inventions.  And his emerging talent at his new hobby of painting with oils and a proper easel, which is something he's been wanting to do for ages, has me wondering whether we might have a budding Van Gogh in the family  Take a look at his first attempt on the right and tell me whether you agree with me, or whether it's just a proud nanna's love clouding her vision?   


And as for Jessica (two-and-a-half years)... well, she's so much like her mother was at that age, I can't help laughing at her antics (and reminding Gemma every time she rolls her eyes at Jessie's latest piece of mischief that the apple hasn't fallen very far from the tree in this instance!)


But now it's time to return to my other job/s... got some great guests lined up to interview over the next few months, both on my Awakening Zone radio show, and on the Virtual Light Broadcast.   So here I am, plugging back in, and switching back on - I hope you'll enjoy my first public post-holiday appearance this coming Thursday, 7th April, when I'll be interviewing Dannion Brinkley on Conversation at the Cutting Edge at 12 noon pacific time, 2pm Central time, and 8pm GMT on www.awakeningzone.com.


See you then!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my world! I am so glad you stopped by and felt comfortable enough to join the conversation. I hope you will come back often - the weather is always sunny here (mostly), and the views are... well, whatever your reality makes of them.

Sandie